Never trust a man with a beard, eh? Yet we’re happily letting a beardie stranger break into all our homes in just a couple of week’s time.
Some Beard Trivia
• Pogonophobia is the abnormal fear of beards and symptoms can include shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea and general feelings of dread.
• The longest beard recorded on a living male was in 1997, and attached to the chin of Shamsher Singh of India. His beard measured six feet.
• The longest female beard belonged to Vivian Wheeler of Illinois, who grew a full beard after her mother died in 1990. The longest strand was 11 inches.
• In the Middle Ages, touching another man’s beard was grounds for a duel.
• Ninety eight per cent of Forbes Rich List men are clean-shaven.
• Lands End to John O’Groats swimmer Sean Conway grew his beard to protect his face from jellyfish stings.
• Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard is quoted as saying he gets much of his strength from his beard.
Our list come from an article on beards published last weekend in Scotland on Sunday. You can read the full article HERE.